Whether you are looking to fit floor tiles in your kitchen, hallway or conservatory, fitting terracotta floor tiles can offer you many benefits.
The Benefits of Terracotta Floor Tiles:
- They are durable, hard wearing and easy to clean.
- Modern manufacturing techniques means that the tiles are very realistic looking but without the price tag of authentic terracotta tiles.
- The richness of the colour of the tiles can give warmth to the look and feel of a room.
- They easily co-ordinate with cream, beige and brown colours, whether it is paint on the walls, kitchen wall tiles or the colour of your kitchen cupboards.
- Terracotta designs are available as both ceramic tiles and porcelain tiles which means they are maintenance free unlike actual terracotta tiles.
Top 5 Bestselling Terracotta Floor Tiles
Alcora Rustico Ceramic Floor Tiles 31.6 x 31.6 cm
Alcora Arena Ceramic Floor Tiles 31.6 x 31.6 cm
Mojo Slate Porcelain Floor Tiles 33 x 33 cm
Firenze Ceramic Floor Tiles 44.7 x 44.7 cm
Aroa Siena Ceramic Floor Tiles 44.7 x 44.7 cm
Which adhesive do I use to fit terracotta floor tiles?
Concrete Floor & Ceramic Terracotta Floor Tiles:- Simply use a standard rapid set floor tile adhesive such as Ultra PB or Tarmac Pozament for tiling.
Concrete Floor & Porcelain Terracotta Floor Tiles:- Use Ultra RS or Tarmac Flexible Pozament for your tiled finish.
Wooden Floor & Ceramic or Porcelain Terracotta Floor Tiles:- You will require a 2 part flexible adhesive for tiling, such as the flexible rubber crumb Ultra Proflex. Don’t forget to plyline or fix No More Ply onto the wooden floorboards underneath before tiling and to use flexible grout too.
Which floor tile grout goes best with terracotta floor tiles?
By fitting terracotta floor tiles, you are ultimately trying to emulate a homely, cosy rustic feel rather than a minimalist look to your flooring. For this reason, we would recommend using a standard grey grout with your terracotta floor tiles, plus you then don’t need to worry about the grout discolouring.
Alternatively, you can use a complementary coloured floor tile grout such as a brown or a reddish brown to go with your terracotta floor tiles.
For more information or further advice regarding terracotta floor tiles contact Creative Tiles and Laminates on 01922 610015 or visit the website.